There is so much good news to share with you all, that I don’t know where to start, or how to ensure I get it all told without this being a 4000 word essay!
Bulletpoints it will have to be!
- Thank you to FundMetric who have come on board to ensure we have a website (a real one). We truly appreciate you making that happen!
- Thank you to the Association of Fundraising Professionals Nova Scotia who have come on as a founding organization and sponsor!
- Thank you to all the charities that have signed up to date! We have 20 organizations already signed up! I know you are patiently waiting for updates and we appreciate you patience!
There is only two months left until Giving Tuesday Canada. Hard to believe. Cities across the country are ramping up to make December 1, 2015 the most impactful day their city has ever seen. These movements will give a lot to their communities and I am so happy that Halifax is helping out!
As always, let us know if you want to partner!
1. If you are a charity, register here
2. If you are a workplace that wants to register and hold an event for YOUR favorite charity, let us know! @HFXGives
3. If you want to raise awareness of this day, we want to help you do so! Tweet us @HFXGives
We have an almost complete Steering Committee!
Thank you to Nicole Barron from the Arthritis Society who has come on board and will be chairing the Retail committee!
So that means that we have:
Blake Smith, Communications Chair
Carol Murray, Marketing/Sponsorship Chair
Sarah Lyon, Lead
We also had a great meeting with a potential sponsor and website developer.
Halifax, YOU Give each day, can’t wait to tabulate how much you give on December 1!
For more information tweet us @HFXGives!
Let me start by saying – no worries, this is not another event Halifax. You have your favorite charities that you already to give to. We want to celebrate that!
After Black Friday and Cyber Monday in the winter (two days all about shopping) comes Giving Tuesday. For the third year in a row, on December 1, 2015, charities in Halifax will ask you to kick off the holiday season with the true meaning of that time of year: giving back.
We want to partner with all of your favorite charities and some retail friends – to collect their one day total. We are just one group of community organizers. Here are the other cities taking part: Calgary, Guelph, Mississauga, Ottawa, Regina, Sarnia Lambton, Vancouver and Victoria. In 2014, Guelph Gives celebrated over $1m raised on Giving Tuesday amongst their partners!
We are just getting started and we want to hear from YOU! We are looking for: charity partners (we’ll have a toolkit! Stuff to help you!), retail partners (maybe $1 from every plate goes towards your charity of choice? 50% of tips?) and community volunteers (sit on a committee? design a website? love to make things in a design program?)
Contact us at Halifax@givingtuesday.ca, and join us in any capacity you can on Tuesday, December 1, 2015, as we show the country that HALIFAX GIVES MORE.